Sunday, February 15, 2009

Why yes, makeup is a requirement in Moab

Last Thursday night I was packing for my hiking weekend in Moab, UT. The boyfriend came over to spend a little time with me before I go. Of course he had to tease me that I was packing WAY too much stuff to which I adamantly disagreed with because the smart hiker is always prepared (so there!).

Upon arriving in Moab I quickly realized that not only was I severely UNDER packed, but that I also forgot my makeup bag. 4 days with NO makeup is just not acceptable unless you are boating or full blown camping! This weekend consisted of hiking and staying in a motel so makeup is pretty much required.

TEXT MESSAGE

Me: I would like you to know that I am severely under packed compared to everyone else! Oh, and you will be happy to know that I forgot my makeup at home.

ED: How could you possibly be under packed? I think everyone else is just over packed and lets be honest here, you know you have some makeup with you. ;) xoxo

Me: I hate that you know me so well.

I will have a full post complete with picture (yes, I will have makeup on so don't be afraid to check back) in the next day or so. For now, I am going to crash. My aching muscles and my comfy bed are calling to me.

Blogfully yours,
Summer

5 comments:

C.S. Perry said...

I hate to think of you without your vital supplies.
But I'm glad you pulled through in spite of the challenges.

Jeremy said...

I am jealous... I love Moab. I need to get down there in the next couple weeks. Look forward to the pics!

Frank said...

Red Rock country is the best!!! I love the trips I take to Moab, Zion, and Sedona. Can’t wait to see the pics. The rocks look great, with or without makeup!!!

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of Moab (as I live on the other side of the country) so I googled it. I am now jonesing to visit Utah if only because of those pictures.

Melissa Papaj Photography said...

I would so have to agree...makeup is a necessity for things like that. I have enjoyed reading your blog.