Thursday, July 24, 2008

The night Whitman crashed at my pad

Email from Ram:
"...would you be so kind in letting 5 not-so-smelly rock 'n' rollahs sleep on your floor? Your the only person I know from Salt Lake."

Me:
"I live in a little one bedroom apartment so you literally would be sleeping on the floor, but you are more than welcome! Mi Casa Su Casa. Guess the after party from your show will be at my pad! But no bringing groupies home with ya! :) I do have a cat so I hope none of you are alergic."

Ram:
"Thanks so much for allowing us to crash in your tiny one bedroom aparment. The floor is definitely better than sleeping in the van...Thanks again buttercup."

Last night I went to see my friend Ram's band, WHITMAN, perform at a local dive bar called Burt's Tiki Lounge. I am not one who frequents dive bars, but this place was actually a lot of fun. It was voted one of Americas top 20 dive bar by Stuff Magazine.
I know Ram from my friend Ellen who moved from Salt Lake to Austin, TX for a job. I went and visited her twice in 2006 so I got a chance to meet a lot of her friends. Ram, or as I like to call him "Cute Ram" is one of those characters who can just make me laugh without even trying. The things that come out of his mouth always catch me off guard...in a good way of course.
Ram and the boys rockin out on stage.
Ram me & Ryan smiling pretty for the camera.
Anther band, The Slants lead singer with the oldest locals to frequent Burt's. This lady was out there shaking it and dancing all night! You can't see it in the picture, but she had a large Pabst Blue Ribbon in her hand too!


























Here are all of the members for Whitman. I must say as far as house guests go they were fabulous! We came back to my place after the show and had pizza and beer. The boys all crashed on blowup mattresses on the floor. In the morning I made them pancakes with strawberries and whip cream and sausages. They were very polite, thankful nice guys, although Kyle told me as they were leaving that I had just fed the stray dogs and don't be surprised if they pass through Utah again. I say - Please do!

No comments: