Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Thanks for the memories Cali

Where to begin and what to say. California blew my mind. We spent most of our time during the first 2 days at Lagoona Beach. I fell in love with the beauty of the beaches, the ocean, the smell and of course the surfers. Can we say YUMMY?!? Our first meal was in Lagoona Beach at a cute restaurant over looking the ocean. It was so beautiful. We both had 2 Coronas...we remembered halfway through the second one that these are not the 3.2 Utah beers we are used to!



So...we decided to play on the beach for a while and sober up! Unfortunately we did not have our suits on (that would have made too much sense) so we didn't really get in the water, which was ok because it was warm, but not hot. I'd guess high 70's.




During the evenings we went out to different fancy shmancy restaurants. We went to one called 21 Oceanfront dressed to kill in sexy black dresses. The "cougars" HATED us! The rich men tried to be sly while they checked us out and the waiters smiled a little too big. To say that we got a lot of attention when we went out is an understatement. Believe me when I tell you I am not saying all of this to brag. Karina and I are 2 6ft tall women. We wear heels and classy sexy clothes. We get noticed when we go out in Utah, but nothing like we did in California. We went out to a few clubs when we were there. The guys were so different. Not necessarily in a good way, they just cared more about how they looked. Apparently the Persians run the club scene in OC. There were literally NO blonds! Maybe 2 blond chicks, but no blond guys. We had fun. We had a lot of fun. I mean we had way more fun than should be allowed!



We got to Newport on a Thursday. When we woke up on Saturday morning, we looked at each other and said the same thing - I miss home! So what did we do on Saturday and Sunday to pass the time? We shopped! I don't think my wallet will recover for quite some time and I am pretty sure I won't be eating for the next month either because I came home literally broke! Strike that. I came home in the hole! But you know what? Its was worth it. I have so many memories from this trip. We agreed going into it to say "yes" to every new experience and those experiences (some good, some bad) are something I will always have.

I'll leave you with this last photo. You can not tell, but we are standing in front of a $95 MILLION Yacht that was for sale. We decided it didn't match our Bentley so we would keep on looking.

1 comment:

kel said...

Seriously, you have to come visit SD and do normal SoCal stuff, like swimming in the ocean and going to bars where drinks don't cost a month's worth of rent in Utah.