Friday, April 10, 2009

Forced Positivity Does a Body Good

After surviving a crazy stressful week filled with deadlines, tests, taxes and barely avoiding a mental breakdown - I figure it is time I threw in some positive thinking via Grace in Small Things.

1. A sister who is also a hair dresser. Even though I'll be sitting in her kitchen tonight instead of a swanky salon, I get to drink wine and catch up with one of my favorite people.

2. No math homework this weekend!

3. Making peace with my cat.

4. The discovery of Indian food.

5. 60 degree weather on Sunday. I plan to take full advantage of it.

Perspective is a great thing. I have to remind myself to take on one thing at a time and that it helps if you mix in one fun thing in between the required things. For example, start with a glass of wine followed by paying bills. Then another glass of wine followed by homework then... well, you get the point.

Blogfully yours,

Summer

1 comment:

kel said...

Wine and/or illegal drugs make life bearable.