Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Superwoman Can't Fly Right Now, Check Back Tomorrow

Sunday I was Superwoman, my alter-ego. I spent the morning doing homework, work projects and other obligations. Then I took a break to meet up with my family at the park to hide Easter eggs for the nieces and nephews. After hiding eggs, I went for a jog around the park then shopping at Wal Mart (no body cares if your sweaty and slightly smelly there) for some essentials. After I got back home I swept my porch and vacuumed my floors and couches, then went strait back to studying. I even made it to bed before midnight.

Yes, Sunday I was Superwoman. But now, Sunday is long gone and I'm afraid Superwoman has flown the coop.

I am utterly exhausted. I have no idea how to keep going at the rate I have been going. I know I am not the only person to work full time and go to school, but I don't know how to keep going like this. I leave my house at 7:30 every morning and don't get home until after 9 PM most days. When I finally unlock my door, drop my bags to the floor and change into my pajamas, I am spent. I want to do NOTHING but that is not exactly an option and stupid perky Superwoman is not around, so I have to literally force myself to get things done. I look like hell, makeup can only do so much to hide the dark circles from lack of a good nights rest. I am just plain overwhelmed.
The only thing that keeps me going? Just 3 more weeks until this semester is done, then I get a break.

I can do this... with or without my flaky Superwoman alter-ego.

Blogfully yours,
Summer


2 comments:

kel said...

I feel ya. Working full time+ school blows hard. Just remember it's not forever. They say it's worth it in the end.

I am still undecided on that.

And by the way? A real Superwoman would have vacuumed, not swept, her porch.

Hang in there, sister!

Brooke said...

I did this for 6 years, and it was VERY hard! Congrats on all of your hard work. It will pay off in the end. Cross your fingers that it will pay off for me soon. I have been graduated almost a year and have nothing to show for it yet. At least you got the career before school, so when you are done you have nowhere to go but up. I worked full time while in school, but not in my career. Now I have this degree, and I feel like it's useless. :( But this isn't about me, it is about you. You really are superwoman for pulling it all off. It will all be worth it when you are done. There is no feeling in the world that is quite like that feeling you get when you graduate.