Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Closing Another Chapter

MySpace Comments


Harder to do than you would think. I hate break ups. You would think that as many as I have gone through I would be good at them...but alas, I am not. I wrote Sven an email on Sunday night. I had been thinking a lot about us and where we were going for quite some time and ultimately I knew what I had to do. I told him I care a great deal for him but that I didn't see anyway for us to work out. He took Monday to think about things. We spoke yesterday on my lunch break and he was very understanding. I think we both knew deep down that we were destined for failure. His life is there and my life is here. We agreed to stay friends. He is not coming out here now. It would only make things more difficult.
Karina told me she was watching TV and there was a story about a woman whose husband came home from work and told her that he got fired. Her response was "let's celebrate" and he found another job where he made more money and is really happy. The point is in the perspective. If after every disappointment or bad day you have you decide to celebrate - celebrate that it's over, celebrate that it happened, celebrate a new chapter, celebrate surviving - then your outlook on life will drastically improve. So that is what I am doing. I am celebrating having been loved, I am celebrating the lessons he taught me, and I am celebrating the start to the next chapter of my life.

1 comment:

Sach1 said...

Life is beautiful and it comes out to be more b'ful when you discover it after a hectic schedule or say a bad period!
Lovely blog there with lovelier posts..