Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wednesday Hikes #2



Yay! It was raining Wednesday morning, but the sun came out and I am so happy to report that it was an amazing hiking day! Blue skies with hardly any clouds. We hiked up Millcreek Canyon along the Pipeline trail. This is a great hike for "beginners". It is about 5 miles long and besides the start and end, it is just a small gradual incline. More of a mountain stroll than hike. We probably saw over 20 different variations of wildflowers. Pink ones, purple ones, yellow, blue, white and all the shades in between. But the one I got most excited about was Utah's own state flower, the Sego Lily! I personally had never seen one, but it was beautiful!



Millcreek Canyon is stunning. I love this canyon, but every time I go up it I can't help but reminisce. In 2001 I got married at the Millcreek Inn. It was a picture perfect wedding and a great memory I will always cherish, but still sad to think about. I don't know if I will ever get married again, but if I did, I don't know what type of wedding I would have. I've already had my dream wedding with the big dress, bridesmaids, flowers...the works! So I don't think I want or need another. One is enough.

Here is another shot of the canyon and a truly horrible picture of me. But hey, this is me. I'm obviously not trying to hide much. :)


No comments: