Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Whoever said beauty is pain, should be shot!

I'll come right out and say it before anyone has a chance to. I am a hypocrite. I go and write this whole blog post about the dangers of "Environmental Dating" then I go and do exactly what I am not supposed to do.

I met ED (like that? ED? Short for Environmental dating? Yeah, I'm pretty clever like that.) about 1.5 years ago and things didn't work out due to timing or not being at the same place in our lives or some cliche lines like that. Well, we reconnected via facebook and have been hanging out for a little while. He is cute. I like him. That's about as far into the mushy stuff as I am capable of going. Anyway, ED is a personal trainer as well as a full time student studying to be a Physical Therapist.

So Saturday I am sitting on my butt eating Carmel Hershey Kisses getting caught up on my Tivo when I get the bright idea that ED could help motivate me to get back into shape. I text him asking if he would be willing to train me, which luckily he was. We set up a time on Sunday to work out at my gym. He gets me to commit to the days I will work out as well as my time commitment. I say 3 days a week for an hour and a half. Little did I know that an hour and a half meant 45 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes of guy style weight training.

We met up Sunday, I did my cardio before he got there. 35 minutes of walking wasn't exactly what he had in mind, but he didn't push the matter. Instead he decided to punish me by making me stick out my butt as I did squats (form my ass!), lift really heavy stuff a whole bunch of times and die of embarrassment at not being able to do a pull up or a dip thingy - even on the assisted machines! To finish things off, ED helped me stretch which was the most painful feeling of release I have ever experience.

By the time we left the gym my legs were jello. I laughed it off trying to be tough and cute at the same time while cursing him under my breath, knowing full well that the stiffness I felt then would be nothing compared to the following days.

I text ED the next morning requesting he meet me at my work to carry me up the stairs to my office. He didn't show. Obviously he is not as committed to a second chance relationship as I thought he was. Maybe Karina is right that there should be no second chance, then again, maybe I just need to buck up and not let myself get so damn out of shape! Either way, I can barely move right now and I am perfectly fine with letting ED take all the blame.


Blogfully yours,

Summer



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you feel like you're in shape though, you'll likely tell yourself it was all worth it.

By the way, this sentence

"To finish things off, ED helped me stretch which was the most painful feeling of release I have ever experience."

is quite possibly one of the funniest sentences I've read all year.

- Kendall

C.S. Perry said...

You think you're sore now?
Just wait until...(Insert sexual Ed Joke here.)

Theresa Roach said...

You need a girl's day. Post haste! :)

Jeremy said...

Yea... sounds like someone needs to go to the Spa... at least that is what my wife always says after she works out with me.

Sarah Bellum said...

He sounds like a horrible person. You should dump him immediately and come drink wine on the couch and snuggle me and Daisy.

Anonymous said...

Please, can you PM me and tell me few more thinks about this, I am really fan of your blog...