Saturday, October 25, 2008

Awarded

Yesterday I received my first blogging award. I had read about people getting awards from different sites but never really followed what exactly that meant. This particular award, The Kreativ Blogger Award, was given to me by Kendal over at Confessions of an Odd Duck. There is no nominating comities, it is simply one persons opinion on which blogs they feel deserve to be recognized and those people nominate more people and the love is spread. I am honored that The Odd Duck felt Blogfully Yours was worthy of an award.

So the only stipulations of the award are the you must write 6 things that you love and then pass the award on to 6 people.

Things I love...

1. Family & Friends. I have the good fortune of being very close with my family and I do not take that for granted. I am blessed with amazing friends who are always there for me and are, essentially, extensions of my family. I would be lost without them.
2. Coffee. The smell, the taste, the feeling of coming alive as I drink it throughout the morning. It's a part of my daily routine that brings me pleasure.
3. Hiking & Nature. There is nothing that make me feel more grounded then getting out into nature. I love to spend time in the mountains. It takes me away from the stresses of life and puts everything into perspective for me.
4. Being Challenged. Boredom is not my friend, it is my nemesis. I like to stay busy and I am constantly looking for new ways to challenge myself. Be it school, dating, work or projects. I may complain about being overwhelmed with so much to do, but the truth is I strive off of it.
5. Small Victories. Recognizing the little things that come my way and celebrating them. Today someone bought me a cup of coffee, yesterday I found out that 17 countries read my blog, I got 100% on my last math test...little things that deserve to be celebrated.
6. Laughing. I'm not sure how to expand on this. I love to laugh. One way to capture my heart, as a friend, as a lover, is to make me laugh.

For my 6 nominees to pass this award on to, I would like to acknowledge that most of them will not re-post and I want you to know I completely understand. Most of them I am sure have received numerous awards so this will not be as big of a deal to them as it is to me.

My first awards go to Caveat Emptor, Wind in Your Vagina, and Jenny the Bloggess as they all inspire me with their writing and make me laugh. My fourth award goes to Sarah Nielson who has become not only my blogging mentor, but also my firend. My fifth and sixth awards go to Doni in the City and The Kel who are my long distant blogging friends and continue to make me smile on a daily basis with their witty posts and hilarious tweets.

Much love to you all!

Blogfully yours,
Summer

No comments: