Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Chocolate Buddha

For my Humanities class we are given reading assignments every week on different topics which we must then interpret in an artistic manner into our portfolio book. We can use any medium we would like such as drawing, collages and music (burnt on a disk). My artistic abilities are...somewhat lacking. That's a nice way of saying they suck. Why I didn't get the instructor who makes you write papers is beyond me. Every week I have to do an arts and crafts project, and every week I struggle with what to do. I decided that for this weeks artistic interpretation I would try using paint. Never mind the fact that I have absolutely NO idea how to paint and I have never taken an art class yet alone a painting class. I mean, how hard can it be, right?

We are studying Spirituality & Religion. One of the reading assignments we had to choose from was the teachings of Buddha. So I though, hey why not paint Buddha? Here is why not.

BEHOLD THE MIGHTY CHOCOLATE BUDDHA!!!

Think I'll stick to collages from now on.

Blogfully yours,
Summer

5 comments:

Salt City Mistress said...

Good thing you didn't talk about Muhammad, otherwise your drawing/painting skills may have earned you a fatwah!

Kendall said...

As someone who is also somewhat lacking in painting skills, I can relate. And your post title makes me laugh for very immature reasons.

blueeyedtawni said...

buddha reminds me of a fondue of chocolate :D

mmmm maybe you can start a business with little buddhas complete with his own chocolate fountains.. hey you make a mint ^_^

kel said...

You know how we have those chocolate Santas at Christmas? You should totally start making chocolate Buddhas for....whatever holiday those worshiping him celebrate.

The Hawkins Gang said...

You are such a good painter, I don't know why you don't think you are! LOL How did you get that cool blog title on your page??? I love it!!