Monday, October 6, 2008

A good ol fashioned love story

Gather around children, its story time. Today we will be hearing Karina the Russian Finds Her Soul Mate

On my lunch break last week, I got a call from a bedazzled Russian, my BFF Karina. She proceeds to tell me this long drawn out story about a man who came into the hair salon where she works to buy some hair care products. She tells me that she doesn’t know how to explain it, but they just connected and she is certain that this God of a man is her soul mate and immediately starts telling me her schemes to find out who this man is because they are destined to be together and get married and live in big beautiful houses and travel the world and and and. I just laugh and go along with her story and tell her, yes I am sure he is everything you imagine him to be and more. No sense in stomping on the girls dream, I mean she is 100% convinced at this point that she has just met her soul mate and who am I to be the one to tell her that in my jaded experience, they just don’t exist. In all actuality, I envy her passion for love. The girl falls in love every other week and somehow manages to be excited each time. She loves the butterflies so much that she creates them out of thin air. I on the other hand am so afraid of being hurt that I can barely manage to admit to liking a boy , yet alone liking a guy enough to let the butterflies in. Anyway…I digress….

About 10 minutes after I get off the phone with the head in the clouds Russian, I get another call and I know what I am going to hear before the words even come out of her mouth.

Karina: He called me! He called the store and said that he felt like we just had this amazing connection and he has never met someone so beautiful.

Me: Of course he did! He IS your soul mate after all!

Karina: Then he told me that he doesn’t know what to do because he has a girlfriend and she is great and pretty and they have been together for like 6 months but he just was blown away with me and our connection you know?

Me: Uh huh….

Karina: Then he says ‘don’t hang up on me or anything, but I think my girlfriend would think you are beautiful too and we have never done anything like this, but do you think you would like to hang out with us together some time?’

Me: Are you freaking kidding me? He did NOT say that!

Karina: Can you believe it?

Me: Just so I am clear, basically what you are telling me is that your soul mate is a swinger?

Karina: That would be correct.

Me: So what did we learn today?

Karina: That all men are dogs and dogs DO NOT go to heaven.


True story. I couldn't make something like this up.

2 comments:

Salt City Mistress said...

OMG, that my dear Summer, is a wonderful cautionary tale if ever I've heard one!

Anonymous said...

Yep! True Story My Dear!
Well PuT!
Love you and thank you for being a big part of my big fairy tale aka karina's world!... were there are no tears just butterflies, smiles and forever lasting passion!